78 NYB squeals

Are you sure its the belts? My old 76 newport custom
had what I thougth was a belts squeal turned out to be
the fan clutch...at least I think it was on the
newport...
Joe
76 nyb
--- Bruce Stubblefield <audiblefeast@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
&gt; Hello list,
&gt;    The new timing chain is on and the engine
seems
&gt; fine after starting instantly.  Thanks to all for
&gt; the
&gt; advice.
&gt;     At idle all is well, but as I rev up the
engine,
&gt; the belts (I think) gradually start to squeal.  I
&gt; put
&gt; soap on the  belts, which didn't help, as well as
&gt; soapy water solution, which also didn't help.  I
can
&gt; depress the belts about 1/2" and are about at
tight
&gt; as
&gt; I thought I could get them.
&gt;    Any suggestions to get rid of the squeals?
&gt;
&gt; thanks
&gt; Bruce S
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; __________________________________
&gt; Do you Yahoo!?
&gt; Yahoo! Domains – Claim yours for only $14.70/year
&gt; http://smallbusiness.promotions.yahoo.com/offer
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; -----------------  http://www.imperialclub.com
&gt; -----------------
&gt; This message was sent to you by the Imperial
Mailing
&gt; List. Please
&gt; reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your
&gt; response will be
&gt; shared with everyone. Private messages (and
&gt; attachments) for the
&gt; Administrators should be sent to
&gt; webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
&gt; To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to