ABS Failure

Today I experienced what I knew was going to happen some day, my ABS brakes
have failed.  I can't help think that I can bring the system back to life
though.  I'll try to describe what is happening and what I've learned.

Car:
1990 Imperial
3.3 l v6
Bendix ABS system

Trouble:
No power assist
"Anti Lock" dash light stays on

Troubleshooting:
No sound heard from ABS pump, when key is turned on.  Normally when I turn
the key on, the pump cycles on during the system test and then goes off.
I can make the pump run by applying power to the leads that go to the pump
or by applying power to the leads that come from the pump relay.  I also
tested the relay out of circuit and it operates normally.  No combination of
running the pump manually etc makes the "Anti Lock" light go out.  The fluid
in the reservior is up to normal specs.

I have what seem like good brakes on the car but they need about 50 times
the effort to apply.

Any ideas or advice is welcome.  I don't have a DRBII so I can't easily see
the codes....can I?

Thanks!