encrypted look

I've noticed those posts too, but just went past them.  A friend told me that he got similar messages from my webtv terminal several years ago.  I'd go back and check what few settings there were and it would go away for a while, then return.  No rhyme or reason or pattern, but it did happen a little consistently for a while.  I could forward the "sent" message to my CompuServe account and they had the same encrypted look, but other messages went through just fine and he was the only one complaining about the gibberish (from the webtv messages).  As he was using a localized ISP away from a metro area, I kind of suspected it might be something at his end of the wire, but no determination was ever made as it finally stopped.

Enjoy!
W Bell