From: "RICHARD FARLAND" <rkfarland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Dick Benjamin" <dickb@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Bad day at Black Rocks!

We have been evacuated (Monday) and do not expect to be back in and settled for some undefined period.   The power and phone systems are completely destroyed for a 5 mile radius around our home, and we are told that we are very low priority because we are way back on a dirt road.   Our home and shop buildings are OK, and most of the cars are OK, although I did lose 3 of my buildings in which I had been storing parts.  6 parts cars are toast, but compared to what might have happened, we are very lucky indeed.   Our home - made fire supression system worked perfectly, and  I was pleased to be the provider of water to the whole strike team of structure protection engines - about 15,000 gallons!  The battalion commander  told me I was the only reason our whole neighborhood didn't get wiped out - a nice feeling.  Two of our neighbors did lose their homes, though.

If you would be so kind, would you post this to the IML for me (I will not have access to the IML for weeks, I'm afraid).  I am at my brother-in-law's computer, so the return address will not be familiar to you, but this is Dick Benjamin here!

Thanks, Bob - it was nice to have seen you and Shannon, and I hope you can stop by and see my new collection of black rocks, smoldering stumps, and melted car parts soon!
Dick.