stopping distances, GM light truck brakes, ign conversion

stopping distances, GM light truck brakes, ign conversion

>I could not keep a set of points in there. It was very frustrating
since >the car is driven almost daily. Couldn't find the problem, have
been >installing points in various vehicles for more than half my life
and never >encountered this before, so I gave up and went electronic.
:-)

On my '59 LeBaron with dual points I kept running in to that problem as
well.  Every 500 miles the points were out of adjustment enough to make
the car idle poorly.  Also if I didn't drive the car regularly the
points would corrode and the car wouldn't start.  I hated those dual
points and replaced them with a mopar performance system.  Haven't had a
single problem since.

Now on my '68 Imperial Newport (Rare factory option I think) I just
replaced the points after a year and a half only because I felt guilty
and found them to be in as new condition.  The cars sit right beside
each other in the garage so I can't imagine why the difference between
the two.

                            Steve B.