Ecologically correct

This morning I got a chance to see one of those new cars in action. By that I mean its true value. That would be value for the dollar, value for the owner or value for the manufacturer.
As it goes, Everyone out here in the "High Desert" has a new car. Yes, of course Los Angeles or at least 50 miles from it. So its all the same.
Im at this place called Vista Point, along the 14 freeway. Its an outlook over the Antelope Valley, spectacular view...  ...especially in my 64 Crown Coupe.
This unfortunate person comes driving through the offramp into the parking lot at 80-90 mph
(Typical So. Cal Speed) doesn't stop, ricochets off the barricades swerving all over the place.
After some rolling, entering the freeway again and the blasting of airbags. (As Im sitting in disbelief)
No, I cant tell what kind of car it was. I can tell the air bag went off. The Calif. Highway Patrol upon their arrival simply pulled a remnant of the airbag over the driver to cover his/hers body.
Just another day for them as they stand around after that chit chatting with each other.
Back to the car, seems to me it had no business going that fast or getting in that sort of collision. Plastic parts and the like all over the road. It even sounded like breaking plastic during the impact. I drove the Imperial home at the speed limit ill to my stomach.
I drove home knowing in case I fell asleep at the wheel as that person did, I would most likely fare far better.
Incidentally, it is ironic how fast everyone out here drives, the accidents I have seen are tragic. The cars are a total loss Im sure the way they are all mashed, pretty scary.
Regards,
Patrick