trans "detergent" additive

In general, if an automatic tranmission works okay when it is cold, but works
poorly (or not at all) when it is warmed up, it can not be saved with additives.

That fact, combined with the terrific amount of leakage described by the owner
would lead me to believe that the subject transmission is "kaa-put".

Paul