Vinyl dye

Hi,
   I need to redye a brown dash I have in excellent condition to replace
the tattered blue dash in my 67 Sedan. It seems the previous owner was
part pit bull and liked to chew on dashes and door panels(sigh). Any
good recommendations for vinyl dyes that will do this? 've tried vinyl
paint on one door panel. Although it looks good every little nick takes
the paint off.
Thanks
Don Savard

--