brake conversion for 57 IMP

Hi list,
I have been trying to follow this one hoping someone
out there has found a new brake system for these older
cars.  The GM trans has been used in the street rod
realm before.  I understand that you can get adaptors
for these Hemis for just about any transmission.  If I
was going to adapt this car I would use a trans with a
part in it.  The breaking is the most important part
of this thread.  Has anyone tried to adapt the newer
systems to these old cars.  How many years have they
tried it on.  I have a 55.  The brakes are getting to
be hard to find parts for.  Drums, bearing, wheel
seals and mounting parts are very hard to find.  If
you drive these cars at all you will soon need repair.
 One of the list said it best on parts vendors high
prices.  We are not driving chebbies but some chebbie
parts might keep it on the road.
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaa

   --- "r.van.Lent" <remco.nancy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >
how are you going to shift
> I think that GM never heard of push buton shift
> do you want to put a floor shifter in the imp
> Remco

=====
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaa

http://www.imperialclub.com/temp/1955/RogerCrabtree/