The unknown Chrysler/ AC question

I stopped at the house today; the car is a 1962 New Port.  It will need a
lot of work.  The seats are shredded from the sun, it has 3 flat tires, the
body looks good no dent's, but it has some rust behind the right rear tire.
The bottom 3 inches of the body shows rust spots.  The dash is complete, the
leather or vinyl is shot.  The upholstery will need to be replaced.  And I
don't think it is running.

The owner wants $1200.00 for the car.  If some one is interested I think I
can get a digital camera, the next time I am in town I will take some
pictures.  The car has 24,000 on the odometer.

I have a question for the people who know Air Conditioning.  I found a kit
to convert the old R12 systems to 134-A type refrigerant.  When I had my
Bronco II converted the man said he had to change the condenser and all the
seals.  ($256.00)

Was he right and was the price right?  Or can I convert my 1982 Imperial
with a kit for $33.00???  Something doesn't sound right?  The R12 is a
little low I can see some bubbles some of the time, and it is clear part of
the time?

Lawrence R Noska
lnoska@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hauser, ID 83854