Assembly line/plant stories

Very interesting stories of Mother Mopar:
   Here is another one from the same Uncle. He was assigned after retirement to walk one more car thru the plant. It was Lee Iacoca's black LeBaron conv. The panels were hand rubbed individually to find the perfect one. So, while doing that one, his daughter-in-law wanted a red LeBaron conv. He hand checked that car before assembly and they produced two but I have no clue if they are in serial # sequence.
   When Lee is here in the desert, he would drive it to my sons business and Sean would drive it as he owned the valet service at the restaurant. A friend of ours has a car detail business and he is the one Lee wants to do his. A side not here, Lee and my son are bar hopping buddies, even though my son does not drink, Lee just likes my son that much. But, Lee wants Sean to drive one of his Daytonas. He gives Sean an extra $100. bill just for doing so. Sean has also driven the first Viper, car # 1, and it is the first after the crash tested Vipers, that Lee owns.
   How many of you remember Bob McCurry? He was at Dodge division when the Gov. loan was applied for thru Lee Iacoca. Lee fired him and Bob went to Toyota and created the Lexus. Well, the Lexus being so successful Toyota made Bob President of Toyota America.
   Now, some of you ask, Bob who? Bob was a race inspired man at Dodge and was in charge , among other things, to make sure Dodge was successful in racing. His picture was on the dash of all the Dodge Daytonas in 1969 thru the last Mopar sponsored Dodge in the mid 70's. Under the pic it says, "The name of the game is to win".
   Bob McCurry feels the Daytona is his baby since he was the yes or no man at Dodge and is responsibe for its success. Sean had Bob one day to sign his air cleaner on the Daytona and wrote in his own hand writing what it said on the dash's of race cars past. Just a cute little story that I use when I tell a Lexus owner that his Lexus has a serious connection with out old 69 Daytonas.
    OK, off of my soap box, and drive those Imperials, those Luxury Performance Cars.    Joe Machado