1960 Imperial

You should have a cover.  ALSO! make sure to reinstall the insulation that is supposed to be there or you'll boil the gas in the carb and start wondering why the heck your car is behaving strangely when it gets warm.

If memory serves, the gasket that goes under the intake manifold is one piece and has holes in it for the intake gasses to pass through on their way into the head.  Sorta like a giant curved filmstrip made out of metal with 8 giant sprocket holes and smaller ones for the bolts.

-Kenyon

Tim Hulse <thulse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Quck question. I have takin the intake manifold off of 2-engines(413). Is there a valley cover gasket? Both of them had just the cover and no gasket.

Tim

Kenyon Wills
San Lorenzo/SF Bay Area

1973 Chrysler Imperial  LeBaron>http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1973/Wills/index.htm