From: mopar48291@xxxxxxx
Subject: IML: New steering wheel
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:40:05 +0000
I just got my newly recast steering wheel for my '65 LeBaron.  It was
done by D&D Automobilia who also did Greg and Russell's '65 Crown wheel.
It looks wonderful!  Very classy in black center with clear rim.  The
only quibble is that he beefed up the casting a bit as he said the
original plastic was so thin over the steel armature that it was
impossible to recast it.  The difference isn't noticeable to the eye,
but the feel is slightly less delicate than the original.  Functionally,
a little more heft to the grip should be more comfortable on a long
drive. The only downside is the cost--about $1200.  In the years I've
looked, I haven't seen anyting better at any money.  I've also had him
do the wheel for my '55 DeSoto and it's also wonderful.  I haven't seen
my '59 DeSoto wheel yet.  Those who have wheels that are in like new
condition are lucky--nothing compares to the feel of a wheel that's free
of cracks and missing chunks. Cheers, Roger