1960 trim code, help

I had a good conversation, by phone, with Kenyon.  Paul also contacted me.  You are exactly right, its a special order interior Mr. Imperial.  Or as Paul is referring to it, its a  CrBaron.  I found my code pages from Chrysler, which I got when documenting the Crown.  LeBarons were not available with white interiors!  Only, blue, tan, green, and grey.  I also found a tag tied to the back seat frame that was marked LaBaron Spec 8631.  So there you go., obviously original.

Chris Hawkins <imperial1966@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In Moparese, 888 means "special order" interior.

Since early production 1960 LeBarons did not initially
offer solid leather interiors, it took a special order
to get one. And when you got one, it was apparently
to Crown specs, including the lack of an assist strap
and the use of a vinyl headliner - especially when
white was ordered.

As the model year progressed, leather may have became
a regular option and perhaps things got a bit more
coordinated.

Chris H.

60 NY T&C
66 LeBaron