Introducing Mr Virgil Exner

Hello All;
 To that list I would add Howard "Dutch" Darin who styled many attractive
looking Packards in the early 40's and most of the Kaiser/Frazer cars.
Brooks Stephens, who created the Jeepster and many Studebakers from the
early 60's. Robert Borque, not the Supreme Court Judge, who styled the 1953
Studebaker coupes, which Lowey took credit for as he did with Exner's
Studebaker designs. Ray Dietric (SP?) stylist of many cars from the classic
era including Packards and the Imperials of the late 30's. Finally William
Lyons, to ad an influential Englishman to the pack, he designed every Jaguar
made from the start of the company to his retirement in the early 70's.
  I tend to think that Harley Earl was a little over rated in the styling
department, he was more or less an excellent administrator and manager. He
had a well refined way of putting ideas from various sources into action,
and a real knack for timing when it came to giving the public what they
wanted. What I am saying is that if you are going to call Harley Earl a
styling genius you would have to call George Walker of Ford a styling genius
as well, when really he was an administrative and organizational genius.
This is no slight at the man at all, every organisation needs people like
him if it is to function well and thrive, unfortunately something that
Mother MoPar has lacked from time to time.
 By the way Alex Tremulis not only designed the Tucker Torpedo but designed
the Chrysler Thunderbolt. He was also employed in the advanced styling
studio at Kaiser after Tucker took a dive. He is a fellow whom I wish had
the opportunity to see at least one his car designs reach production instead
of a few paltry styling ideas.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport, Not dowdy if you own one.
Needing A Left Side Tailight Bezel and other trim parts.