Birthday present of a lifetime

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 6:16 AM
Subject: Birthday present of a lifetime

Hello.  My name is Melissa Swenson.  My husband and I have been club members for a couple of years now, but silent ones.  My husband pretty much just enjoys reading the emails, although he is extremely knowledgable on the subject of Imperials.
Eric has never owned an Imperial, but it has always been "the car" he has wanted.  Although only 30 years old, it seems he was born in the wrong era.  He is big into the oversized luxury cars including all Chryslers, and only Chryslers.
The reason I am writing is that Eric's 31st birthday is coming up on May 4th and I would love nothing more than to make his dream of owning an Imperial come true.  I don't know much about cars, but I am trying to purchase this as a surprise, on my own.  I have about 2500.00 to spend, including bringing it home.  His favorite year of Imperial is the 65 2 door coupe.
I am wondering if it is anyway possible to get a decent one for that price??  It does not in any way need to be perfect, but it would be nice if drivable.  I would like him to be able to take his family for a ride in what he calls "the best automobile ever made," when he receives it.  I would really appreciate any advice or ideas on helping me with my quest.  I only have about a month left, and really hope I can pull this off.
Thank you so much,
Sincerely,
Melissa Swenson
P.s. We live in Northern Minnesota