1953 brakes

What is the condition of the rest of your brakes? The booster only provides
power assist. It makes the brakes a little easier to activate. A bad brake
booster should not keep the car from stopping.

Paul

> i have sent this post in twice and have not seen it on the site. i will try
>once more, but it is rather long and i do not type very well. i finally took
>my 53 imperial out on the road. at first everything seemed fine. then the
>brakes started to not work properly and the car would barely stop, even at low
>sped. the brakes felt like they were not grabbing. i put a rebuilt booster in
>last fall and the car has not been driven except in my yard and not often. i
>called the rebuilder and he told me if you do not use the booster at least
>once every 3 weeks it can go bad. this seems illogical to me, does anyone know
>of this to be true? i was told to check the vacuum, it should be 17 pounds or
>higher. i just got a guage so i will check that as soon as i can. the
>rebuilder said he will redo it for me if needed since i was not informed about
>the three week rule. i know that is a nice gesture but the labor involved is
>something i do not look forward to. any suggestions?
> dennis
†Ûiÿü0Â)©z¸š•ÉnmÊ&N¬™ë,j°jËžÛhÊ‹›ÊØ^"j^®&¥1¨¥ŠxŠËO•æ¬z·©—+h™¨¥Šx%ŠËbš—«‰©\–æÜ¢f§w*.®·¬¦‰ì{¥•·¬…ªÞw­…ëÞ¯*'xú⽫^™ë,j¬jwZ¶Öœ†g§¶Çè®Ø^Ù¢ž+-­«h®Ë!¢é]mëžÛhÁææjË^®)©z¸š•ÉnmÊ&N…

I@x
-¢m§ÿâš—«‰©\–æÜ¢oîžË›±Êâmèm