77 NYB window

Title:
Have you tried lubricating the window tracks?  If you have to help the window up, this is normally the problem.  Try cleaning those tracks and then lubricating with white grease.

Mailtodelete@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hello all,

I have a 77 NYB and the driver-side rear window recently stopped working correctly. I have had this problem on other cars, so I did the same thing. I replaced the window motor. After completing this, I rolled the window down and it got stuck at half height again. Same problem as before. I can take the motor out and move the window all the way up and down by hand, but the motor cannot seem to do it. It does build up a little extra friction where the window slides against the outer weather stripping, which has become pretty hard and inflexible. So, I have 2 questions please:
1.) Is the weather stripping keeping this motor from moving the window correctly (the other windows work normally) or could this replacement motor also be bad (I bought it rebuilt from carquest)?
2.) Where can I find weather stripping to replace all the seals on this car and maintain the OEM look? All the rubber pieces are brittle now.

Thanks,

Joe