Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 6:49 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Question

       Seems like we may share a similar problem! I will tell you what I have found and maybe it will help you. I have a '70 LeBaron that I broke two motor mounts (damn lead foot!) so I followed the advice of Car Craft magazine and fabricated a brace. It worked amazingly well = )  All was fine till I replaced my transmission mount (most of the rubber  fell out). Instead of replacing the entire mount (which was not in stock) I replaced the insert (saved me some money and was in stock). Then I noticed several things at about the same time: 1) A noise that you described quite well but only when I make a hard left (damn lead foot), 2) trans mount insert shifted out of the mount, 3) Right behind the first u-joint my driveshaft is hitting the floorpan!!!!  Before I replaced the trans mount I never noticed the noise so it must be that! I also noticed that my exhaust rattles on something when I am idling in drive.
    I know this posting was long but I hope it is helpful because the mailing list is very helpful to me = )

     Keith
Noisy Imperial