Engine Info

> To me, key points would be if it's the normal 2bbl, 4bbl, or HO 4bbl version.
>  Up until the end of 400 and 440 production, the 4bbl police motors were
> basically '68 Road Runner or GTX motors with lower compression (except for
> the bore difference between a 383 and 400).  Windage trays, the chrome rings
> w/moly inserts on the compression rings, better bearings, better timing
> chains, the last variation of the "Road Runner" camshaft, hd valve springs,
> and similar high performance items were there to the end on those HO
> police-spec motors.

As far as I know, the main difference between the HP and non-HP 440s from 68 and
up were the cams and probably valve springs, and the windage tray.  All other
parts including bearings and timing chains were shared.  The 440 six pack (post
69) may have had some differences in the connecting rod bearings, as I recall.
Also, I do not think there was such a thing as a moly insert compression rings.
 Compression rings are always 1 piece, no inserts.

The 67 non-HP 440 used the smaller exhaust valve head (915?), while the 67 HP
440 had the new heads design.  In 68, all engines had the same heads.

D^2