66 Brakes

>My question, they can get master cylinder/power booster combo. If my
master
>is OK would you replace anyway with a fresh rebuilt combo?

Have your brakes been gone through before?  If you are running original
or unknown parts I would have all four wheel cylinders replaced and new
rubber hoses (3) along with new shoes (since you have to take them off
anyway to replace the wheel cylinders).  I would also replace the master
cylinder/vacuum booster as a unit especially if the master cylinder has
failed and allowed brake fluid to get in to the booster which is a very
common failure.

If your brakes have been gone through and you know that everything is
mostly good then I would only replace the part(s) that have failed.
Luckily all of the parts for the '66 brakes are still plentiful...  Any
parts store should be able to have everything except the steel lines and
drums by the next day.

Good luck to you!  Most importantly be safe!  Your car is running a
single circuit master cylinder so, as you found out today, if any one of
the 10+ seals or three hoses fail you have no brakes at all.  I am
amazed how many people think that they can still get a pump or two out
of the brakes if something fails.  This is simply not true on these
cars.... One seal failure and you better pray that emergency/parking
brake is in good working order!

                     Steve B.