IML DIGEST

> I am surprised not to have heard anyone tell  the
> "brake fluid fix" power
> steering story. Here's mine: I had a 1976 Ranchero

Soon after I got my '67 home, the P/S pump began to
leak...a lot.  At first, I was adding about 14 ounces
of fluid every day, and it would leak out- all from
sitting.  Then I added some P/S stop leak, but that
only mildly helped.  Then I added 8 ounces of 20W-50
oil with a capful of DOT 3 brake fluid mixed into it.
The next time I filled it (about a week later, with
just 20W-50 oil) it was only down about 4 ounces, and
I just checked today and its barely down at all.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

One point eight litres
Stromberg carburators sing