From: Larry Noska [mailto:lnoska@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 5:51 PM
To: Imperial Club
Subject: Dads 82 Heated rea window trouble.

On my trip to the junkyard I found another control switch / timer relay for
the window heater so I bought it.  I started testing the switch / relay it
seamed to operate as the FSM said it should.  And the two switch's / relay's
tested the same????  So there must be some other problem.  After eliminating
all other possible trouble locations I came back to the switch / relay.
Some thing did not make sense to me.

Two switches are acting the same way?????  Unless a design problem!!  The
contacts that carried the current for the heaters in the rear window and
side mirrors--were burnt.  The two switches had the same trouble.

I cleaned them with a file to remove the carbon.  The circuit works as it
was designed once again.

If a LED breaks they are found at Radio Shack and easy to replace.

So don't throw your window heater switch away.  If the circuit doesn't work
check the contacts off of the solenoid if they are burnt clean them-I bet
the circuit will work for some time to come.

Lawrence R Noska
lnoska@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hauser, ID 83854