From: r.van.Lent
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 4:04 PM
Subject: IML: 1957 torqueflight problems no reverse

I have a problem with my torqueflight
I got other trans in the car this trans was not used for 2 years
all forward gears work neutral also works
reverse is not working
I have big trans oil cooler with a pressure gauge in the line
there is 45 to 55 psi presure on this line all the time
when I put car in gear presure drops a bit but is back to 45 after 1 second
or so
Can the regulator valve or the convertor control valve be stuck and give
this problem
I removed the accumulator spring as advised to get a firmer shift
and redused the weight of the governow weight
and gave a bit more line presure 1/2 a turn
have these 3 things anything to do with the reverse
I was adviced to do so becouse I am pulling a 6000 pound trailor

Remco
The netherlands