Dads 82 speed control not working!! HELP

Dads 82 speed control not working!! HELP

The speedometer is operated by an electrical pulse.  There is no speedometer
cable that goes to the dash.  There is an interface device that appears to
be a parasitic growth on the speedometer cable that goes to the cruise
control - you'll find two wires originating in that lump on the cable, those
are what drives the speedometer and odometer.   If the speedometer is
working, you know for sure that the cable is OK.

Most problems with the speed control are related to the 4 wire switch that
is operated by the doo-dads on the end of the turn signal lever.  You need
to study the wiring diagram for that switch, then find the connector from it
to the speed control master unit.  Then take your trusty voltmeter and see
if the electrical signals are all working.  Chances are your switch has
failed from lack of use, and if this is the case, you may need to just
exercise the bejabbers out of it to get it working again, similar to the
dash illumination controls on lesser cars.

With your demonstrated abilities with things electrical as witnessed by your
success with the garage door opener, I'm confident you can dope this one out
also.

The control unit for the speed control is somewhat tricky to take apart, but
I have done it and successfully gotten it back together and operating again,
but as I say, usually, the problem is in either the control switch or
perhaps in the brake light switch adjustment.

Good Luck!
Dick Benjamin