Info From Chrysler Historic

For those of you who would like build records or are missing owners manuals
for your cars, I would like to HIGHLY recommend a call to the Chrysler
Historical Collection.  Around the beginning of the year, I spoke with the
woman who
appears to be in charge of their research arm, Phyllis McClintock.  She was
very nice to deal with and immediately sent me the order form to get build
records and manuals for my car.

Yesterday I received the information I had ordered - build sheet and owners
manual (you can also get the factory service manual but since I have one from
the PO already I didn't bother).  While I had been told that the owners manual
would simply be a photo copy of the original, what I got appears to be a
complete and correct full color reproduction and comes complete with the
plastic
storage sleeve, warranty card, and service record card.  The manual cost me $28
including shipping.

For the build record, I received photocopies of the actual computer punch
cards for the car along with a well researched summary sheet that provides a
decoding of the punch card information.  For anyone who was in the area back
then,
the car was originally purchased at T.B. McGahey Motor Co. in Miami, FL.  But
even better than that, from my perspective, the car was shipped from the
plant on February 24, 1956 - twenty three years to the day before I was born!

Chrysler Historical Collection can be reached at 313/252-2902 or:
DaimlerChrysler Historical Collection
CIMS 410-11-21
12501 Chrysler Freeway
Detroit, MI  48288