My new '66

> able to make the trip in 12 hours. This is the only
> '66 Imperial I have been able to find in the Florida

I was just down in Tampa...didn't see any Imperials,
but it appeared that Florida in general was loaded
with old cars...most of them, like your new '66, just
laying around returning to the earth.

> picture, and, went off with no bid. I contacted the
> seller and offered him $500.00 after his opening bid
> of $600.00 with no sale. He went for it and now I
> have to go after it.

I'm happy you were able to save it...and colors can
always be changed.  Tell us some more about the car-
color, interior, options, interesting history...

> 2 dr ht is white over turquoise. My wife is not too
> sure of it but, . . . . . she always did like my
> Crown Coupe.

Few women will admit they appreciate the classic cars.
 My s/o calls my '67 coupe the "old mans car".  Trust
me, though, she will appreciate it more when its
roadworthy.

> I'll find out. It is all still there, though, so I
> do have something to work with. Now just need a
> place to work on her without offending the
> neighborhood busi-bodies.

Best of luck.  You're right, its better to start with
something that's all there, even if it doesn't run,
you won't be doing a whole lot of chasing around for
parts.  In my experience, its best to make friends
rather than enemies, ie introduce your car to your
neighbors "Mr. 66 Imp, meet my neighbor Joe Blow" and
let them appreciate it like you do.  Its worked for
me- nobody complains about my changing the oil in the
parking lot *knock on wood*.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

One point eight litres