IML DIGEST trailering with Imperials

Don Lampert asked:

************
From: "Don Lampert" <liberte618@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Response to Welcome from Don Lampert
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 13:40:42 -0600
Thanks for the warm welcome. And speaking of warm, it was yesterday in SW
Wisconcin so I fired up my 65 crown. She started right up after two months
of sitting-but what else would you expect from such a finely crafted
vehicle?  Does anyone know if my 413 V8 will safely pull a 1970 17' Shasta
(meaning-heavy) trailer. The car came with a hitch on her so I assume so but
I'd hate to do any damage. Thanks!         Don
**************

Wow, Don, you must be kidding! We are talking a Mopar 413 here, major
horsepower! These old gals make a great tow vehicle, and the 17 foot Shasta is
nothing compared to an early-70's all steel four-horse Miley - of course, that
one did require air shocks and load-levelling hitch. Go for a tranny cooler
while you are at it - the Torqueflite will appreciate it.

Kate Justet Triplett
Kate's Custom Gunleather
Monroe, Washington
Proudl mother of a Soldier
and owner of "Lucille" 1968 Imperial Crown 4-door HT