Visit from a fellow IMLer!

Great news! It sounds like a Crown based on the description of the interior.
The engine should be a 392 Hemi. The chrome trim in the trunk is a good thing.
At least it is with the car and not in a previous owner's garage and lost
forever.

Paul

In a message dated 3/1/2004 10:49:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
laurielu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Good evening List!
>
> This past weekend Clint and I had the pleasure of meeting Mike Howlett (aka
>mENTAL mOPAR mAN), his wife Melissa, and their son, Jack who traveled from the
>Portland, OR area to Prosser, WA. We went to a "lot" and kicked a few tires
>and there we found a gorgeous 1958 2-door HT. It is painted a very nice shade
>of dark green (a little chipped in places), with green jacquard upholstery and
>a crown stamped in the vinyl of the center arm rest in the back seat. Only 98K
>miles, last licensed in 1988 and obviously stored in a garage. It smells like
>an old car, not a musty, mildewy, moldy car. Some of the chrome from the side
>is in the trunk. Mike and Clint say it's got a 413 in it (but wasn't 1959 the
>first year for the 413?). I decoded the VIN on the OIC site to determine that
>it was a 1958; however there were no specifics on that car. Perhaps I left out
>a letter when I copied the VIN, but we can't tell if it's a LeBaron, Crown, or
>Custom. The "Imperial" on the side is in script. It's got the mirror-matic and
>the autopilot and seek buttons on the floor along with the dimmer switch. Very
>solid, very, very nice.
>
> Anyway, you get the picture, a fantastic find! Now, Mike said I could tell
>you this....HE BOUGHT IT!!! So please welcome another Imperial to our midst!!!
>
> Send your congratulations to the mENTALmOPARmAN at collyman1@xxxxxxxxxxx  We
>took lots of pictures and when they're
> developed, we'll send them on to the webmasters.
>
> YIPPEEE!!!!
> Laurie Carter
> '59 Crown--MY Pink Lady
†Ûiÿü0Â)©z¸š•ÉnmÊ&N¬™ë,j°jËžÛhÊ‹›ÊØ^"j^®&¥1¨¥ŠxŠËO•æ¬z·©—+h™¨¥Šx%ŠËbš—«‰©\–æÜ¢f§w*.®·¬¦‰ì{¥•·¬…ªÞw­…ëÞ¯*'xú⽫^™ë,j¬jwZ¶Öœ†g§¶Çè®Ø^Ù¢ž+-­«h®Ë!¢é]mëžÛhÁææjË^®)©z¸š•ÉnmÊ&N…

I@x
-¢m§ÿâš—«‰©\–æÜ¢oîžË›±Êâmèm