Dads 82 V.I.N. Code Chart Help?

How can I tell if my Imperial is a Y Model?

 In the service manual I have  #81-270-1001 on page # 2.  The VIN.  Code
chart position #5 (car line) Imperial = Y .  The wiring diagram for Y models
page 8-398  (speed control) upper left hand corner indicates two fuse's  #10
and #11.  The fuse block in the car has a list of what the fuses protect on
the cover under the dash. The list shows one fuse associated with the speed
control. The wiring diagram shows two fuses  #10 and #11.

Am I looking at the correct wiring diagram?

Lawrence R Noska
lnoska@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hauser, ID 83854