Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Pertronix

Hi Jan,

Your best bet will be to pull the distributor to get the number. If your 55 is anything like my 60, Chrysler may have used a 'hold-over' part. It's worth the trouble to take the distributor off and phone Pertronix with the number to ensure you get the right kit for your application. I've been down this route before and wound up getting the wrong Pertronix kit for my car. 10 mins worth of investigation would have shown me that I had a 'hold-over' distributor for whick there is no Pertronix kit. However, Pertronix were willing to take my original distributor and modify it to take one of their kits.
 Best of luck.

Charles
1960 Desoto Adventurer
Ireland.

Jan Harmonson <jharmonson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I am trying to find Pertronix availability and pricing for my 1955 sedan. To help me answer a question now, instead of tomorrow, does anyone know the "distributor  number" for my car?

Thanks

Jan