Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 12:01 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 80s belt/alt

Does anybody know if my '83 would likely have a 100 amp alternator?  I
assumed they'd all be the same, since there were no options, but the NAPA
site indicates at least 2 alternators. I have to disconnect my a/c and leave
the compressor off because it interferes with my new intake.  I figured I
could get the belt from a Cordoba/Mirada with no a/c, since my belt will no
longer be going around the a/c pulley.  Problem is that the NAPA site
indicates different part numbers for 100 amp and non-100 amp alternators.
Worse, it indicates that the belt is the same for a 100 amp with or without
a/c! That can't be right. The belt would have to be considerably shorter.

Any ideas appreciated. Yes, I have the FSM, unfortunately they are with my
mechanic.  He could take care of all this, but he's been doing me a favor
and I'm trying to make the job go faster and easier (cheaper).

Thanks.
Rob

Take off on a romantic weekend or a family adventure to these great U.S.
locations. http://special.msn.com/local/hotdestinations.armx