radiator cores, ballast resistors and such

radiator cores, ballast resistors and such

For the person who had , and I wont try and quote this directly, wire issues
where he mentioned two white looking things which we know are resistors you
need to know that rectangular shaped one will be for the ignition and the
cylindrical shaped one is for the air conditioning.  Typically if the
ballast is suspect you can TEMPORARILY bypass it with a piece of wire and
see if the car will then start.

On the subject of radiator cores, for the 60 but also in general,  what you
find in radiator shops now for the most part will probably not be an exact
match to what was found 45 or more years ago.  Not that its a bad thing,
core efficiency is better and many times you dont find exact matches to what
was available then.  Case in point are many of the old hexagonal cores and
early tube type cores , not that these cant be found but many of the shops
wont have these items on hand and will have to be specially ordered.  The
radiator in my 62 has ( knock on wood ) survived for 42 years now with
nothing but regular flushes and antifreeze changes every so often and has
yet to develop any cooling or leakage issues.  Good luck on the core for the
60, it may be an easier alternative to try and find a good one from a 60-63
year car and just swap it.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe