Fuel Filter Insert -'56

The filter doesn't need to be changed as often as a normal fuel filter, but it
should be cleaned and the bowl rinsed out occasionally (especially if the gas
is bad).

I bought an extra element and have kept it in the glove compartment for the
last 20 years. The original element is still functioning fine. I rinse out the
bowl when it has an accumulation of dirt in the bottom of the bowl. I suppose
it wouldn't hurt to start with a fresh filter element, but you probably will
not need another one for the rest of your life.

Paul