electronic parts fix

    I totally agree with take it apart and rebuild it.  i do it regularly but i had to pass on a lesson i have learned on all the little sealed boxes you see starting in 73 with the electronic ignition and continuing into the 90's imperials.  i learned to buy extra boxes that fit my vehicle form the wrecking yard and put them aside till they are needed. if you plan to keep it a long time it will be needed someday.  It is already almost too late since many of these cars have been crushed.  figure out which other mopars had the same box and get them cheep now.  I predict this is the stuff that will end the collecting and driving of cars in the 90's and later.  someone will make or rebuild hard parts but i don't expect cheep repairs for hermetically sealed circuit boards in the future.  with the integration of every system tied to the single engine control module one part can wipe out the whole car.  my 79 mopar truck had the most boxes i had ever seen.   with my extra boxes i can just change the box to make test or repairs without the expensive dealer's test equipment.  this probobly works on any brand car now.  you don't have to pay high dollar for them to change your plug in boxes.    david norris  eastland tx ,  71 4dr  "the gold brick"