Paint prices ?

imperialman wrote:

> I don't know if it is how I am presenting my self, or what ,
>  I still get the distinct impression that the bodyshop guys around
> here just plain don't want to fool with a repaint on my Imperial.  And
> I have checked with probably 8 shops. Or if they do want to do it
>  they throw in so many verbal disclaimers  its ridiculous.
> The MACCO guys attitude was " Whatever, get it in here, leave a phone
> number, don't call us we'll call you".  And I am pretty sure his
> estimate was $2,100 or thereabouts.
>  Hence my  removing the chrome,and sanding it down to  bring it to
> where it is at today.

The problem is that most paint shops have a bit of a problem with
restorers.  First we are normally picky, in spite of our assertion we
don't want a show job.  Second, NO ONE wants to put their paint over
someone else's prep and primer.  A problem in the understuff WILL show
up in the top coat and guess who gets blamed.

Personally, I would not put color on someone elses prep without a LOT of
disclaimers.