Dashboard Repairs

Does anybody have any expierence repairing dashboards.  I have a 58
Southampton and a lot of the interior (even the exterior paint) is not
factory but relatively nice.  My dashboard is old and cracked (one large
gaping hole at the IP transition bump).  I do not want to pull the dashboard
nor pay $650+S&H  to get an authentic looking one.  I would like to just get
this one cleaned and possibly covered.  Has anybody ever done something like
this or have suggestions??
    Thanks,
     Dave

Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up
Accelerator. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/