Imperial Air Conditioners - Parts sources

Imperial Air Conditioners - Parts sources

I'm assuming that you've been though all vendors of the salvage yard listings on the website?  It would not surprise me in the least if Lowell Howe has one under his pillow somewhere.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Part/Yards/index.htm

You might want to place a request under "parts wanted" in the classifieds on the site as well if you have not done so....

-Kenyon

Robert Schoenberg <robobduo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The 1953/54 Chrysler AirTemp air conditioning
installed as original factory equipment was truly
interesting & very different from what we see today.
My 54 New Yorker DeLuxe has this option & there is an
immense evaporator unit in the trunk (under the rear
shelf panel)with fresh air intakes located just
outside beneath the rear window forward points. The
upper condensor in front of the radiator & the lower
condensor angled down toward the front bumper. A most
unique compressor--a 75 lb 4 cylinder cast iron beast,
60 degree V, 1 1/2 inch bore by 1 3/8 inch stroke used
Freon 22 just like home units!! To top things off, it
had no clutch, so whenever you started the engine,
that beast was pumping away. We've been trying to find
a substitue compressor (mine was gone)with little
luck. We've reached a point that we're looking to use
a more modern 12 volt clutched unit rewound for 6
volts. Of course, finding a compressor that works
within the designated space AND which will run the
system is high priority. We're open to any
suggestions, so please feel free.....
Thanks,
Bob Schoenberg in Brewster, NY

-1953 Custom Imperial Sedan