1964 for FREE in Bay Area

Car is free to a good IML home.  White Crown 4D.

Runs, but barely and has many needs.
It is sitting on the fence between parts car, rough-part-of-town driver, and resto candidate.  When I saw it I thought that it would make a great tow car with a rebuilt engine and no other apologies.  Gauranteed to intimidate people if used to merge aggressively.

Not much in the way of rust - a solid California car.
I drove it home 70 miles and it's down on power but probably has more miles left as-is.
Large shallow dent in one rear quarter.
Trailer hitch.
Complete except for hood ornament.
Interior is rough, but that's why they make seatcovers...
rebuilt brake booster (forget if the whole brake system was done, but the guy seemed like a part by part type)
Chrome still silver but aged.
Needs love.
Name: King George the 64 - must remain with car or no deal.

Previous owner bought it from a used car lot in 68 with the express intent of wringing every last nickel of use out of the car.  He's now in an assisted living facility and the car's still running, if barely.  I think that the car won, personally, although when he passed it to me they both looked like they had about the same number of miles on them.

Please contact me off list at imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx if interested.

Do you Yahoo!?