From: RandalPark@xxxxxxx [mailto:RandalPark@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 7:10 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML:"Chrysler" Imperial

I almost hate to mention this, but since it has resurfaced, didn't Chrysler
Corporation once again add the name "Chrysler" to the Imperial in 1971 or
1972? I seem to remember that this happened during the fuselage years. In
fact I remember seeing several Imperials back then that had this
nomenclature on the trunk lid.

Paul

 In a message dated 1/14/2004 2:03:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hugtrees@xxxxxxxx writes:

> In anticipation of selling the museum's 1973 Imperial, I finally got
around to transfering its ownership into our name today.  We have had the
car since mid 1998 but, lacking a signature on a form, I never bothered with
pursuing the procedure.  However, today I did.  While standing in front of
the clerk, I noticed the title said 'Chrysler' for make and 'Imp' for model.
It had been some time since I had completed the paperwork and I must have
accomodated the error at the time.  I remarked on the eror to the clerk.  I
wasn't even thinking of making an issue of it but she seemed interested and
asked what I would put in the space for model if the make was changed.  I
replied, 'Le Baron,' without thinking that this, too, had become a Chrysler
name.  She went off and checked with her supervisor, just to see if it would
be OK to make the change.  They conferred a while and checked the computer.
Then, they took an extra step and consulted an older reference book.  This
told them that if the VIN number began with a "Y" the car should be listed
as an Imperial.  "C" would denote Chrysler.

> So, with hardly any effort on my part, the change has been made, and it is
officially an Imperial.  You might want to remember the "Y" code if you want
to make such a change yourself.

> The supervisor was very pleased with herself and her employee.  She could
recall Imperials and thought they were great
> cars.
>
> Hugh
> San Antonio Texas
?Ûiÿü0Â)©z¸s*ÉnmÊ&N¬(tm)ë,j°jËzÛhÊ<>ÊØ^"j^®&¥1¨¥Sx
SËO*æ¬z·©-+h(tm)¨¥Sx%SËbs-«?©\-æÜ¢f§w*.®·¬¦?ì{¥*·¬...ªÞw­...ëÞ¯*'xú⽫^(tm
)ë,j¬jwZ¶Öoe?g§¶Çè®Ø^Ù¢z+-­«h®Ë!¢é]mëzÛhÁææjË^®)©z¸s*ÉnmÊ&N...
I@x
-¢m§ÿâs-«?©\-æÜ¢oîzË>±Êâmèm