Dick Benjamin is your man. This topic has been discussed many times and the
concensus is that if nothing is wrong with your car, the 6V system will work
great. No need to convert. Changing to new battery cables helps ensure you
are getting all the power your battery has.
I loved my 54 with AC. The NY is basically the same car.
Kerryp
http://dte.net/57imperial
KaP Imperial Services - Patch Panels, Metalshaping, Restoration
Manufacturer of high quality Wheeling Machines
----- Original Message -----
From: <chrysler1978@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Imperial Mailing List" <mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2004 9:35 PM
Subject: IML: Please Welcome Bob Schoenberg
> New Subscriber(s): Bob Schoenberg
> Email Address is: robobduo@xxxxxxxxx
> Member Location: Brewster, NY
>
> Car(s) owned: 1953 Custom Imperial Sedan (cream over brown)
>
> Self-Introduction: My Imperial has been For Sale ever since I found the 54
> New Yorker DeLuxe of my dreams with a rare option of factory air
> conditioning. I'd very much like to talk to some people who are savy about
> auto electrical systems, especially around the changeover of 6 volt
systems
> to 12 volt.
>
>