From: <RandalPark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 8:51 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 67-68 8 track Stereo Player on eBay

> I think that it is great that you are calling our attention to this
accessory. It is for a 1968 Imperial, right? I have to ask you, though,
about the nature of 8 tracks, Dick.

> I also have an older car with a factory 8 track player. I paid a lot of
money to have it restored. The problem is that all of the 8 track tapes that
I have, come undone at the end of the loop after they are played a few
times. I have taken some of them apart and it appears as though the peice of
scotch tape that holds the audio tape on the spool comes undone rather than
change direction (which is what I think it is suppose to do). This seems to
be due to the age of the tapes and nothing else. I have run through about
175 tapes this way and now I simply throw them out when it happens. They are
becoming harder to find, but I haven't been buying them anymore since they
never seem to last. I even tried to reattach them, but haven't been
successful in rethreading the cartridge correctly. I finally bought an
adapter that will allow the 8 track player to play cassettes.