Disassemble/Reassemble

I agree with the ziploc bags approach. It saved me a lot of work during the
repainting of my car. I recommend the write-on type of bags so you can
indicate exactly what's inside right on the baggie. I would not trust
Post-It notes to remain stuck to anything, so if you leave yourself notes or
diagrams (a good idea), I'd just include them in the same ziploc bag.

Then make sure you keep all the bags together, perhaps in a lidded plastic
tub like you can buy at Target or any home improvement store. Sometimes I
taped the bag around the piece (or set) of trim they held on (provided that
piece wasn't going to the chrome shop).

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon