Kicking tires on a Saturday afternoon!

Hi Everyone,

I have run a set of the Broadway Classics on my '66 Eldorado since late '95 and have been most pleased with them.  I have hardly worn off much of the tread.  The white wall width is 1.23 inches (from the literature I received at the tire store).  I did experience a little yellowing of the white wall at first but I think that was due to the cars being started and being allowed to run inside the shop.  The fumes may have contributed to the yellowing.  I clean the whitewalls with carb. cleaner sprayed on a shop cloth and they are as white as the driven snow now!  I also have the same set on my '65 Crown convertible (away at 'finishing' school) and look forward to running the heck out of them when the car is back in my possession.  I have toyed with the idea of replacing the Broadways on the Crown with triple stripe bias plies.  I've had the front end completely rebuilt so it should handle nicely with them on the car.  I do know the car should look better with the bias plies on it.  It will sit correctly and not appear as dumpy and squatty as it does now with the radials.  I guess that is because the bias plies make the car sit higher.  I replaced the radials on my '63 T-bird with bias plies and the car doesn't even look the same.  It looks like the cars in the vintage ads I have!

Greg McDonnell
Mobile, AL