From: <RandalPark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 7:08 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Red Vert

> Hi Larry,
>
> I think that your idea for a "just pix" section on the website is a good
one. I think that it may have been like that once, but then the long stories
started getting written and there didn't seem to be any place for just the
pictures.

> You and I have corresponded about your '60 LeBaron before. I think that
your interest in the 1960 model year is well placed. They are not exactly
like any other Imperial year. Most years shared many features with at least
one other year, but 1960 is really the most unique, although it really is
part of the '61 through '63 family.

> As you know, I have two '60s, the LeBaron Sedan and the Custom Sedan. If I
remember correctly, we were writing about VIN numbers and the corresponding
dates of production.

> At one time I only wanted examples of 1960 models. My original goal was to
have one of each model and body style that they made. Instead I ended up
with several from all different years.

lrblomberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> > Paul
> >
> > Thanks mate for the rundown on the red vert. It is interesting that it
was or may still be around the Seattle area. I have a 1960 LeBaron Sedan at
the Seattle docks right now awaiting shipping to Australia. U.S. Customs are
still to clear her then it's 41 days at sea before she arrives in Sydney -
sometime toward the end of January. I am just so impressed with these Imps
and the 1960 models have really caught my eye. I thought it would be very
impressive if a 1960 Convertible joined the Sedan here in Oz - for my wife.
The kids are growing up fast and I think we could do with a couple of new
babies at home to look after. If anyone else can add to the whereabouts of
the red vert, how about letting us know?

> > While I am here I would like to canvas an idea with everyone. Each year
of the Imperials on the club website there is a section called
AUTObiographies which are just great for reading. (I am actually working on
a story at the moment of how I came across my Imp and the long process of
getting her to Oz). I am thinking that not everyone has a story to tell or
has the time to write and edit and post or just believe that their story
wouldn't't be interesting enough, but I am sure everyone has pics of their
Imps. What about having a section at the home page for pictures of the
owners and their Imps. It would serve as a place one could just go to and be
impressed by the vast array of beautiful Imperials  (and the beautiful
owners) - and all at the one place. It may also help to put a face to some
of the writers of the postings. The pics could be accompanied with a
sentence or two re the veh/owner - kept short. I know when I saw my first
Imp I scoured the Internet looking for pics of these wonderful vehicles.
Just a thought.

> > Stay Safe everyone
> >
> > Larry
> > (1960 LeBaron Sedan)

was in Jeff Carter's driveway. That was about three years ago. Prior to that
I had seen it on the road around Seattle quite often. I believe that it is
still in the Seattle area.

> > > I have been aquainted with this car since it belonged to a man named
Cliff Lavender in the late 1970's. He had purchased it through an ad in the
paper. After that it went through a series of owners. I seem to remember
that the seats were originally white leather, but I could be wrong about
that. Shortly after Cliff passed away, I saw the car at a local upholstery
shop called Durham Auto Upolstery in the middle 1980's where the seats (and
I believe the dorr panels also) were redone in naugahide.

> > > In the middle 1990's the car appeared in a few local parades in
Seattle before I discovered that Jeff Carter and J.C. Auto had a hand in
some of the recent work that has been done to the car. That part of the
story is outlined on the page in the Website.

> > > It started out as a pretty good original car, but needed a lot of body
work and upolstery. It also had numerous electrical problems that I believe
have been long since resolved.

> > > Paul

> > > -----------------  http://www.imperialclub.com  -----------------
> > > This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please
> > > reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be
> > > shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the
> > > Administrators should be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to
> > http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm
> >

> > Yahoo! Personals
> > - New people, new possibilities. FREE for a limited time!
> ?Ûiÿü0Â)©z¸s.ÉnmÊ&N¬Të,j°jËzÛhÊ<>ÊØ^"j^®&¥1¨¥Sx
SËO.æ¬z·©-+hT¨¥Sx%SËbs-«?©\-æÜ¢f§w*.®·¬¦?ì{¥.·¬.ªÞw­.ëÞ¯*'xú⽫^Të,j¬jwZ¶
Öo?g§¶Çè®Ø^Ù¢z+-­«h®Ë!¢é]mëzÛhÁææjË^®)©z¸s.ÉnmÊ&N.I@x
> -¢m§ÿâs-«?©\-æÜ¢oîzË>±Êâmèm

---