Chrysler Historical Collection's Build Records

Chrysler Historical Collection's Build Records

Quint Villaneuva (of Cadillac-LaSalle Club fame - his picture is in this month's club magazine, showing Quint, in England, talking to the great-nephew of Robert Faulconer, of Leland & Faulconer  (you know, those Brand X guys of 90 years ago) was asking about the build record for his 1953 Imperial.

Chrysler's Historical Collection:
is at:

Walter P. Chrysler Museum
CIMS 488-00-00
1 Chrysler Drive
Auburn Hills, MI  48326-2778

and offers build records for $45 (click on the Archives tab):

I got the package for my 1958 New Yorker Town & Country Wagon. I received a computer punch-card, and a letter that set out the basic facts, including the selling dealer's city, but not the actual dealer's name, if I recall correctly. Some of the most interesting items turned out to be photocopies of some factory photos (reprinted 8 x 10 glossies are $15 each) which are more reliable than the artist's conceptions in the showroom brochures, for some details.

In another case of "gee, it's a small world", my '58 NY Town & Country was originally sold in Indio, CA, about 10 miles from Quint, in Palm Desert.  Dunno who the original owner was, but the CA title showed it was owned by Hugh Betts in Cathedral City from 1975 to 1989, when it was sold to Charles Baltzar in Palm Desert.