.."everything else looks fine"

It seems like there are one or two of those on Ebay all of the time. The first
thing that I think is how lucky I am to have such nice cars (in comparison).
The next thing that I think is how much someone would have to want one in order
to start with something like that. As time goes on, there are fewer and fewer
cars available. Many classic car restorations these days start out like that,
while maybe 20 years ago cars in that shape would not have been considered for
restoration.

I will say that if a person wants to do a frame up restoration, it is great to
start with a car in that condition, since that really is the only way that it
can be fixed correctly. I have mixed feelings about a nice original car being
totally disassembled so that the owner can win a coveted award. Recently,
recognition has been given to original cars that are left unrestored. I think
the criteria has to be the difference between an original car with a well
deserved patina, versus a worn out, unmaintained car in need of repair.

Now that I read this, I may be opening a can of worms here, of what the heck!

Paul