Thermoquad success of sorts

well,
My 73 runs better than it ever has, and all I had to do was
put the thermoquad in the trunk.
hah

 with a holiday drive coming up,
and a seriously leaking TQ I threw in the towel and  opted for a new edelbrock
1406.
bolted it on in the parking lot of Pep Boys in about 15 minutes,
and drove off in a totally different driving car.
  It feels like the car lost about 2k lbs,  very light and quick to the
throttle.
  wow

to be fair, the TQ I've been working with was a rebuilt unit that spent the
first 10 yrs of life cooking in an arizona garage,
but this car has never started and run this well,  even when new.

it is a joy to make something that ran mid to poor, perform so well.

just thought I'd share.
thanks for all of your guidence and invaluble info in the archives.

Jack

73  much happier
81  alway happy