Re:Build a Tow Dolly?

That's a pretty cool unit!  Just a little wrecker on a hitch and wheels!  :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Ingraham" <jeff_ingraham@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 12:58 PM
Subject: IML: Re:Build a Tow Dolly?

Hi,
  Here is the tow Dolly I use a fair amount.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1972/Ingraham/6.jpg

I bought this from a local rental place after I rented it several times
starting in the late 1970's.
They basically never rented it out anymore because with plastic bumpers it
is
NOT a good thing!
;-)
It works very well except for not backing up easily.   I see a fair number
of
them running around here in Nebraska.  I am not sure if they were built here
or
what.
I also own a "sling? type tow dolly that has ramps you drive up on and strap
down the tires to the trailer.   It is wider then most I have seen although
still dented a door on a corner as someone else said.  S0 the crank up "old
tow
truck style" works much better from my experience.
Jeff Ingraham