66 wing windows

In addition to tightening things up on the bottom end, which it sounds like you
have already done, you can try adjusting the top hinge. There is an screw on
the little chrome foot that holds the vent window to the top pivot hinge. The
screw is on the interior side of the window. You can move the window quite a
little if you loosen it. This adjustment usually is made to fit the window
squarely in the opening. Sometimes if the window won't pull closed all the way,
because it is hanging up on the weatherstrip.

If you do loosen this screw, be careful to reposition the rubber seal properly
so this doesn't allow water (and or wind noise into the car).

The driver's vent window in my '65 has never wanted to stay closed tightly and
sometimes will jar open slightly when I close the door. I have been in the
habit over the years of pushing it closed from the outside with my finger when
I am underway. I haven't tried to adjust it. It seems that the electric motors
for the vent windows in the earlier cars, are more powerful and pull the window
tighter. I have never had that problem with those.

Paul